Here’s the list of Melbourne places I want to go to this year:
- Flower Drum
- Ezard at Levantine Hill
- Amaru in Armadale
- Lawyers, Guns and Money (for breakfast!)
And the list of places in Europe that I’m hoping to get to try. We are heading to Paris, the Burgundy wine region, and most of Italy (Amalfi Coast, Rome, Florence, Milan, Como).
- Osteria Francescana – L’osteria di Massimo Bottura.
- Bistro Paul Bert
- Frenchie (again!)
- L’Avant Comptoir De La Mer
Any suggestions and recommendations are welcome!
Thought it would be nice to keep a running list for this year, along with the occasions associated.
- Kazuki and Du Fermier: Daylesford for the weekend away with mom and Jac
- Dinner by Heston: My mom’s birthday dinner
- Lûmé: 2nd year wedding anniversary
- Movida Aqui: Yiken’s birthday
- Spice Temple: Chinese New Year with the family
- Supernormal: Date day lunch before going to the Andy Warhol and Ai Wei Wei exhibition at the NGV
- Uncle: Birthday lunch with my cousin
- Babu Ji: Dinner with the crew for my birthday
- Estelle by Scott Pickett: My birthday!
- Bar Lourinha: My cousin’s husband’s 40th birthday
- Brae: been wanting to go, so we’re having a weekend getaway
- La Luna: Melbourne Food and Wine Festival suckling pig lunch
- Cutler & Co.: for Leo and Nuge’s birthday
- Dinner by Heston: dinner for my mate Sander’s birthday and a belated one for mine
April… Lune Lab (Yes! We got a spot!)
- Saint Crispin: for Mother’s Day
- Embla: dinner with workmate
- Cumulus Up: impromptu date night with hubby
- Bistro Vue: family dinner
June… Tipo00 dinner with mates (what is this? 14th time at Tipo00)
July… we head to Europe! Paris before heading off to Italy…
- Levantine Hill: Wally’s birthday lunch in the private dining room
- Luxumberg: The final hurrah as they closed shop
- Nobu: sneaky long lunch and tried the bento box. It was luxurious!
- L’Avant Comptoir de la Mer (Paris): Great seafood small bites
- Clover (Paris): Loved it! Modern, creative and delicious food in a tiny restaurant
- Breizh Cafe (Paris): Finally got around to this Parisian institution
August…Sorrento (Amalfi Coast), Rome, Florence, Milan and back to Paris…
- Rosciolli’s (Rome): Best carbonara and matriciana pasta in Italy. So great we went at least 2x
- Osteria Francescana (Modena): It totally lived up to the hype. Food was magnificent
- Osteria Brunello (Milan): Trendy little place in Milan where we had the local speciality “cotoletta” which is a crumbed veal cutlet. Delish!
- Les Cocettes (Paris): Restaurant of a celeb chef which serves it’s mains in little hot pot. The lobster bisque was to die for.
- Frenchie (Paris): Amazing dinner here. Tiny restaurant in a cool little laneway and food was fantastic. Best roast chicken I’ve ever had
- L’Atelier de Joel Rubechon (Paris): Old favourite, we come here everytime we’re in Paris
- Bistro Guillaume: lunch with mom post spa treatment at Crown
- La Luna
- Ricky and Pinky: friend visiting from Sydney
- Rockpool: cat is away so mice come out and play steak dinner
- Tipo00: oops I did it again…
- Izakaya Den: date night dinner